In 1877, Booth joined forces with D.A. Bright to construct a business building at 4th Street and Broadway. Initially, the first floor was occupied by dry goods dealer G.K. Krouch. At a later date, the ground level accommodated the U.S. Post Office. The second floor was leased to the Pawnee County Commissioners until 1884 when a courthouse was constructed at 5th and Main Streets.
Also in 1877, Booth, Bright, Nelson Adams, and T. Lawrence Edwards established Larned's third newspaper, the Enterprize. The name of the paper was changed to the Chronoscope by editor Henry Inman.
Stie #3 is situated across the street from Stop #2 at the northwest corner of intersection. The Booth and Bright Building is now occupied by the Tabler Furniture Store.
Other Markers by the Wet/Dry Routes Chapter
Santa Fe Trail Research Site
"E-Mail & Home Page"
Larry & Carolyn
St. John, Ks.