- Gregory M. Franzwa, The Santa Fe Trail Revisited (St Louis: The Patrice Press, 1989), 117.
- Black Pool File, Kansas Heritage Center, Dodge City, Kansas.
- Louise Barry, The Beginning of the West: Annals of the Kansas Gateway to the American West, 1540-1854 (Topeka: Kansas State Historical Society, 1972), 703.
- "The Arkansas Route: The diary of Charles C. Post," Overland Routes to the Gold Fields, 1859, from Contemporary Diaries, ed. By Leroy R. Hafen, The Southwest Historical Series, Vol. II (Glendale: Arthur H. Clark Co., 1942), 42.
- Jack E. and Patricia K. A. Fletcher, "The Cherokee Trail," Overland Journal, 13 (1995).
- "William Quesenbury's Diary," Flashback, 29 (February, May August, and November of 1979), Washington County Arkansas Historical Society.
- "The Journal of Samuel D. Raymond, 1859-1862," ed. By Lloyd W. Gundy, Wagon Tracks, 10 (November 1995): 15,, 19n5.
Used With Permission of the Author
Back to Research Articles
Santa Fe Trail Research Site
"E-Mail & Home Page"
Larry & Carolyn
St. John, Ks.