"Wilmington School"
USGS Aerial Photograph

Wilmington School

     The once thriving town of Wilmington, Kasnas, established by H. D. Shepard in 1856, was located near the Wilimington School. The School was opened in 1870, as stated by a stone plaque enbeded in the front of the school. This school house is now owned by a Chapter of the Santa Fe Trail and someday they hope to have it restored it to its original condition. In front of the school stands a DAR marker.

Wilmington School




Santa Fe Trail Research Site

Santa Fe Trail Research Site
"E-Mail & Home Page"
Larry & Carolyn
St. John, Ks.
© "Forever"