Near the abandon rail station of Maline, the Marker sits at the military post established in 1865 to protect the Santa Fe Trail. The dugout Fort was garrisoned for only six months and abandoned in 1866. Surveyors have missed this marker several times. US 50 to Road S, south .4 mile, east 1/2, south .2 mile in an abandoned farmyard on the west side of the road.
This Marker is on "Private Property" and should be treated as such!
Santa Fe Trail Research Site
"E-Mail & Home Page"
Larry & Carolyn
St. John, Ks.