"Walnut Creek Crossing"
on the
Fort Hays/Fort Dodge Road

GPS: 38-28-15N/099-33-18W

Walnut Creek Crossing
"Walnut Creek Crossing"

     To the west of this marker one eighth of a mile is a cutdown which local history buffs have enlarged in recent years. At the crossing was a trading ranche established at some unknown time by a Mr. Fink. In 1872, the ranche was purchased by Alexander Harvey whose toll bridge and stockaded store building became the nucleus for the town of Alexander, Kansas named in his honor.




Santa Fe Trail Research Site

Santa Fe Trail Research Site
"E-Mail & Home Page"
Larry & Carolyn
St. John, Ks.
© "Forever"