In 1874, Booth became associated with D.A. Bright in a number of business ventures. From their office at 114 East 5th Street, the partners purveyed law, real estate, insurance, and more tangible commodities: coal, chop, and feed. In addition, Booth continued as an agent for the railroad selling town lots and encouraging immigration to Pawnee County. In the fall of 1874, he was reelected to his legislative seat and in 1875 secured appointment as the Chief Clerk of the Kansas House of Representatives, a position he maintained through the following year.
From Site #3, proceed north on Broadway one block to 5th Street and turn east (right) one half block to Site #4 on the south (right) side of the street. The present building at that site is used by Carr Auto-Electric for storage.
Other Markers by the Wet/Dry Routes Chapter
Santa Fe Trail Research Site
"E-Mail & Home Page"
Larry & Carolyn
St. John, Ks.